Rules for COE/School-To-Work-Placement
- The COE Training Agreement form takes the place of a Work Permit.
- The training plan/agreement shall include job tasks and activities which are of occupational and educational value.
- Students must be supervised at all times.
- Employers are responsible for wages.
- Students must document and submit to the COE coordinator a month hours worksheet.
- Employer must sign and approve the student's hours verification worksheet.
- Employer must complete an evaluation on his/her student at the end of each nin-week period or when necessary.
- Employer agrees to contact COE Coordinator upon release of student employee for any reason.
- Employment must conform to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including OSHA requirements.
- Worker's compensation must be provided by the employer.
- The COE student must receive a passing grade in the Related Instruction course in order to receive COE job credit.
- The student must notify the coordinator and employer if it is necessary to be absent from work.
This guide is intended for general information only. It does not include al of the provisions of ACT 90, Public Acts of 1978.